PAIA GIVES – SATURDAY, DECEMBER 12, 2009, 6-9 PM.
Come out for a festive night of shopping and giving. Each store in Paia is supporting various non-profits and charities, all while throwing a great party. Special deals, giveaways, and lots of fun await those shopping at all the great local businesses on the North Shore. Contact your favorite store or check out www.paiamaui.com for more information.
In its third year, “Paia Gives” has become an annual event that raises thousands of dollars for each charity sponsored by each store. Awesome prizes donated by each merchant are given away in raffles supported by donations of $5 or more. Special deals, refreshments, and a great party make a memorable evening of shopping and giving in Paia Town. This year the possibilities are numerous and are not limited to the following:
- Maui Crafts Guild – 69 Hana Hwy (579.9697) –PYCC $1200 Gift basket given to lucky donor that includes art from every member of the Guild
- Maui Hands – 84 Hana Hwy (579.9245) – PYCC Koa framed photograph (30×14) titled Zen Bamboo by Monica and Michael Sweet. Value $245.00. We will also feature artists in residence that day and refreshments in the evening.
- Paia Contemporary Gallery – 83 Hana Hwy (579.8444)-SURFRIDER FOUNDATION. With your donation, receive a 10% off coupon for the gallery.
- Grace Beauty – 62 Baldwin Ave. (579.9779) – PYCC who in turn is donating to Project Graduation at King Kekaulike High School.
- Lunaroma – 42 Baldwin Ave. UPSTAIRS (579.9714) UPCOUNTRY SUSTAINABILITY – store raffle with great prizes including the following: $30 Gift Certificate, $50 Gift Certificate, a $75 Gift Certificate , and a Love and Abundance Gift Set (you design)valued at $110. Gourmet Hot Cocoa and Aromatic Treats STORE-WIDE SALE of 20% off
- Maui Ocean Spa – 71 Baldwin Ave (572-7492) – Complimentary Paraffin Dips, Coupons towards any treatment from 6-9
- Paia Tattoo Parlor – (579.8515) STONEWAVE SKATE PARK Party on the 12th as well as a big fundraiser on the 19th
- Biasa Rose – 104 Hana Hwy (579.8602) –. Keiki Kokua helping to support foster teenage kids and their supporting famlies. We will be having a in store drawing for Biasa Rose gift certificates, a pie from cake bakery, and a piece of beautiful jewelry. That day we will have a 20% store wide discount with 5% of the days sales to go to Keiki Kokua. Wine and treats from Cake Bakery. Featured jewelry from local designers, Debra Mack and Kathy Cowan
- LeTarte – 24 Baldwin Ave. (579.6022) SURFRIDER FOUNDATION- donating a percentage of sales that night. Also having a raffle for those who make a separate donation. Cider and Cookies
- Lilikoi – 18 Baldwin Ave. (579.6055) HUMANE SOCIETY – Raffle for $50 gift certificate. With 5 dollar donation you receive 10% off your purchase on December 12. Complimentary Bare Minerals and Jane Iredale consults with pupus and drinks
- Maui Girl – 12 Baldwin Ave. (579.9266) – KEIKI KOKUA
- Nuage Bleu – 76 Hana Hwy (579.9792)A KEIKI”S DREAM , that provides a “dream come true” for Maui children in crisis. Donate $5.00 for a raffle ticket with a chance to win one of three store $50.00 gift certificates. Other specials through out the store to benefit A Keiki’s Dream..Also, Receive a $20.00 gift card for any non sale merchandise purchased this evening over $125.00!Come Party with us, Great refreshments too.
- Paia Trading Company – 106 Hana Hwy (579.9472) MAUI SHRINE CLUB TRANSPORTATION FUND, serving Christmas refreshments
- Paia Mercantile – 2 Baldwin Ave. (579.6388) – MAUI HUMANE SOCIETY receives %5 of sales from 6-9. Everyone spending more than $100 will receive a free Humane Society calendar. One of a kind Starborn jewelry (worth over $250) is the raffle prize . One ticket for a $5 donation, Three tickets for a $10 donation.
- Sand and Sea- 99 Hana Hwy (579.9377 – MAUI FOOD BANK – collecting monetary and canned food donations all month
- Mana Foods – 49 Baldwin Ave. (579.8078) – MAUI FOOD BANK Mana Foods will be raffling a Grand Prize of $100 Mana Gift Card & Gift Bag full of goodies.,.Raffle tickets are $5, with 100% of proceeds to benefit the Maui Food Bank .On 12/12, Mana Foods will also be collecting non-perishable food donations for the Maui Food Bank
Inns and Hotels
- Paia Inn Hotel – 93 Hana Hwy (579-6000) CAMP IMUA, HAWAII WILDLIFE FUND, AND PYCC. All year long, the hotel donates 1% pre-tax room sales to guest’s charity of choice. For Paia Gives, enjoy music on the patio and take a tour of the hotel.
- Indigo – 149 Hana Hwy (579.9199) MANA’O RADIO. Awesome raffle featuring fabulous emerald and ruby necklace, pouf, bedding and more as prizes. Beverages and fun!
- Hana Hwy Surf – 149 Hana Hwy (579.8999) SURFRIDER FOUNDATION/HO’OKIPA BEAUTIFICATION-6:30 – 7:00 Ukelele Band 7:00 – 8:00 SANTA! (CONFIRMED) Serving Milk and Cookies from 6:00 – 9:00 PRIZES FOR RAFFLE TICKETS($5) – DRAWING AT 8:00
- Sailboards Maui – 22 Baldwin Ave (579.8431) MAUI FOOD BANK- Raffle prizes include two $50 gift certificates, and there’s a 20% off sale all day
- Wine Corner – 149 Hana Hwy (579-8904) – PYCC who in turn is donating to PROJECT GRADUATION AT KING KEKAULIKE HIGH -Drawing for wine glasses and having a wine tasting next door, at Indigo
MAUI DHARMA CENTER – 81 Baldwin Avenue OPEN HOUSE from 6:00 to 9:00 PM. All are welcome to visit the Great Paia Peace Stupa and turn the Prayer Wheel for world peace. The Center’s beautiful temple and adjoining gift shop will also be open. Free refreshments & prizes.